Driven by a desire to simplify regulatory compliance for financial institutions, Remonda founded Muinmos in 2012 and is a recognised speaker and expert advisor on highly complex regulatory matters in the FinTech and RegTech space and a contributing author of “The RegTech Book".
As well as sharing her the story behind the name and the reason for setting up Muinmos - Remonda and Sarah chatted about their shared passion for RegTech and problem solving; their drivers as female founders; the main blockers and challenges and fear of the unknown holding back user adoption; new ways of working and integrating roles across marketing, finance, product research and development; gender diversity in financial services and tech; the blurred boundaries between life and work and comparing Facebook, movies and hobbies.
Tech is only valuable if it solves a problem not tech for tech's sake
- Without technology it is not possible to do what can be done today, technology empowers us and makes us more intelligent
- Changes, patterns and how to turn complexity into simplicity
- Prove we are equal, check your worth
- The responsibility we have as women - the more we can do individually and collectively to showcase good behaviour and culture
- If you're not committed to this journey don't start it
- The client doesn't need to know what goes on in the back, they just need to feel secure and protected
To listen to all of these points in context, catch up by watching the replay below.