The British Consulate New York and the UK’s Department for International Trade have announces the UK’s Female Founders’ Virtual New York Programme in May 2021, their third annual Female Founders event.
This virtual programme aims to accelerate growth for female founders of UK-headquartered tech scale-ups via 4 events over two weeks in May.
Week One, commencing May 11th:
- Introduction and Welcome, including interactive panel featuring UK companies with NYC offices
- Pitch Training in partnership with Project W, including individualized feedback sessions to tailor your pitch for the NY market
Week Two, commencing May 18th:
- Virtual roundtable between UK and US female founders to discuss raising capital & doing business as women founders
- Pitch Night with audience of US-based VCs and corporate buyers
Participants will also have optional office hour access to New York based advisors to better understand launching in the US, including incorporation, immigration, hiring, PR, and more. They will also join our growing network of Female Founders that have participated in previous programmes.
This programme will have a unique focus on the barriers female founders face when raising venture capital, with a view to exploring effective interventions and informing UK government policy. Previous UK Trade programmes have seen companies successfully open New York offices, develop new networks, and generate New York business and investment leads.
Ideal candidates are female founders of UK-headquartered tech scale-ups who:
- have raised at least seed stage funding
- are looking to raise a US funding round within the next 12-18 months
- are actively entering the US market with a New York market ready product or service
- have globally recognized clients
- are specifically interested in developing New York City investor and business connections
- are within the tech space, broadly defined as: B2B tech, SaaS platforms, HRTech, Retail Tech, PropTech, FinTech, RegTech, LegalTech, Wellness tech etc. (due to the specialty regulatory environment, unfortunately they are unable to consider life sciences & healthcare companies)
To help qualify applicants for the Mission and to tailor a high impact programme, please fill in the application as completely as possible. All information will be kept strictly confidential. The deadline to apply is 14 April 2021. Successful applicants will be notified of their acceptance onto the programme shortly after the deadline.
Companies will be required to pay an administration fee of £165 + VAT to attend. More information here.